Wednesday, March 4, 2009

preciousness of the present moment

I wonder if all couples go through a few stages like from "honeymoon" - everything you do is great to "you're occasionally annoying DEAR" to "i loathe you, perpetually" to "resignation".

I think i can get pretty annoying with occasional hot/cold feeling people can give. Its ok, i said 'i hate you' so many times in my mind already. my mind is kind of accustomed to hearing that phrase.

I have been inspired lately to think about TIME. Neither had i just watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons" nor read an inspirational book. It is partly because I have lately been struck by how I failed to seize the time/ opportunity/ treasure certain thing in the past and it made me wonder a lot about time.

The month of feb was basically month of examination. The whole hurry of life flooded in and almost drowned me. It got me even started on my "countdown to exams" program and ''our first date'' thingy. On the other hand, when i think about you, it made me upset at times about certain things happened in the past. That was probably the start of things becoming emotionally challenging whereby i cannot solely dependent on my 'feelings' but more than that, being rational.

Indeed, how true it is that the Past and the Future ever so often cripples us or distracts us. And when I choose to spend my present moment living in the past or worrying or pining for the future, it is one precious moment wasted on what has no value. In the same degree, all my energy spent on missing the days past and yearning for the days to come means there is little of me left to enjoy the present moment with the one I love. Therefore as far as i am concern, as much as i can, i am going to chuck my worries to one side and be more rational...

No comments: